The COVID-19 Business Impact Support Program has been established to support Tasmanian businesses whose business operations have been impacted due to:
- critical staff being required to isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19, or
- being forced to close due to a Public Health Direction, or
- suffered a significant reduction in demand,
that has resulted in a reduction in turnover due to COVID-19 of 30% or more between 15 December 2021 and 14 January 2022 inclusive, compared to the same period in the previous year (15 December 2020-14 January 2021).
|Business Annual Turnover 2020-21 (exclusive of GST)||Grant funding available|
|Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of $25 000 to $49 000||$1 000|
|Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of: between $50 000 and $999 999||$2 000|
|Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of: between $1 million and $2 999 999||$3 000|
|Impacted businesses with an annual turnover of: between $3 million and $10 million||$5 000|
|And, where a business purchased and lost perishable goods*.||Claim for the cost of the perishable goods up to a value of $5 000|
*i.e. food & Flowers, such as fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products.
To be eligible for a grant applicant must:
- be a business located in Tasmania
- the eligible period is 15 December 2021 to 14 January 2022 inclusive
- have reported an annual sales turnover of between $25 000 and $10 million in the 2020-21 financial year (1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021)
- for newly established businesses that did not operate for the full 2020-21 financial year, project an annualised annual sales turnover of between $25 000 and $10 million for the 2021-22 financial year (1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022)
- have experienced a 30% or more downturn in turnover due to COVID-19 impacts from 15 December 2021-14 January 2022, compared to 15 December 2020-14 January 2021.
- for newly established businesses that were not in operation in January 2021, be able to demonstrate a 30 per cent downturn in 15 December 2021 to 14 January 2022 inclusive compared to 15 November 2021 to 14 December 2021
- hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN) since at least 1 November 2021
- demonstrate they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan, a completed COVID-19 Risk Assessment and where necessary, a COVID-19 Case and Outbreak Management Plan in place.
- be registered (if required) and actively using the Check in TAS App.
|Program opens||19 January 2022 10:00 am|
|Program closes||9 February 2022 2:00 pm|
|Applications assessed for eligibility||In order of receipt of application|
|Applicants notified (estimated date)||In order of assessment|
Lodging your application
Applicants should complete and lodge an application online via Smarty Grants from the Business Tasmania website www.business.tas.gov.au