MNY Group 2019 September Newsletter – Property development & Tax

Access to the full version by clicking the link below:


In September we have included Business & Accounting Topics including:

1. Property development & Tax

The ATO seems to be always looking over the shoulder of property developers to make sure they are complying with their tax obligations.

2. Tax & Children’s saving account

If a child is under the age of 18, and they earn income on their savings account, remember that the ATO considers that the person who “owns” the interest depends on why uses the funds of that account (no matter what type of account it is or the name of the account holders)

3.  CGT exemptions on inherited homes

Inherited a home or a legal interest in one could be the largest windfall gain that many Australians ever experience. From a tax law perspective, when someone dies a capital gain or loss does not apply when a property passes

4.  Operating expenses deduction for SMSF

Operating expenses that are incurred by an SMSF are mostly deductible, however, there can be exceptions to the extent that these relate to the gaining of non-assessable income (such as exempt current pension income) or are capital in nature.

5.  Rental property owners tips

The ATO is reminding rental property owners that each year it sees some fairly common mistakes being made with tax claims, and the outcomes that result, in regard to investment properties. It has therefore released a list of the top 10 stumbles, and how best to avoid them.

*Please feel free to inbox us if you/ your companies would like to be included in our Monthly Newsletter Email List for free

Leave a comment


The content of MNY Group Chartered Accountants' website - is original. Please do not copy, modify, distribute, republish, share, display or demonstrate all or part of the information and materials on this website without our written consent. The contents and materials on the website are only for reference and are not official financial advice or suggestions. According to the different situations of each individual/entity, please consult a professional accountant.